RESILIENT UNDERSCREED MEMBRANE MADE OF BITUMEN AND POLYESTER FELT
SILENT FLOOR BYTUM
For the sound insulation of historic or valuable buildings, SILENT FLOOR BYTUM is ideal. In fact, the material it is made of prevents screed percolation in applications with timber and concrete connectors. Its special structure absorbs footstep vibrations up to 26 dB.
- Perfect for soundproofing timber and masonry structures or in cases of acoustic insulation and renovation
- For the renovation of vertical partitions in combination with other products of the SILENT family
- Applicable for horizontal partitions with the possibility of working from below in the case of false ceilings or from above in the case of screed installation on the floor
SILENT FLOOR BYTUM: Soundproofing even when renovating.
SILENT FLOOR BYTUM silences the footsteps of the upstairs neighbours. It is the universal bituminous solution for underscreed application with excellent soundproofing properties in the case of structural restoration as well as for design acoustic insulation.
Extremely stable and airtight, SILENT FLOOR BYTUM tends to close around fastening systems, guaranteeing impermeability in the event of system leaks.
Made of elastoplastomeric bitumen coupled with resilient polyester felt, it is also highly compatible with fresh concrete. The bitumen ensures the necessary mass to guarantee mechanical strength and protection of the substrates with no risk of concrete percolation.
It does not contain substances harmful for people and the environment.
|Field of use||Underscreed|
|Material||Elastoplastomeric bitumen coupled with polyester felt|
|Roll dimensions||5,0 mm x 1,05 m x 10 m|
|Dynamic stiffness s’||28 MN/m3|
|ΔLw *||29 dB|
|Technical data sheets|
SILENT FLOOR BYTUM
Supply and installation of resilient underscreed foil made of bitumen and polyester felt, type SILENT FLOOR
- Elastoplastomeric bitumen coupled with polyester felt. Does not contain harmful substances
- Dynamic stiffness s’ [MN/m³] : 27
- Creep : ≤ 1
- Theoretical estimate of the degree of impact sound attenuation ∆L [dB] : 28
- System resonance frequency f0 [Hz] : 74,4
- Compression deformation stress [kPa] :
- Thickness [mm] : 5 (2+3)
Suitable for timber-to-timber installation to create a physical and mechanical separation between the two elements, thus avoiding the transmission of vibrations caused by impact sound. To increase the vibration absorption capacity, it is advisable to install the profile both below and above the timber floor. Install the profile on the upper section of the wall and fix it mechanically with staples every 40/60 cm. Then install the horizontal panel of the floor and repeat the operation.