RESILIENT UNDERSCREED MEMBRANE MADE OF CLOSED CELL PE
SILENT FLOOR PE
SILENT FLOOR PE contributes to soundproofing in timber structures. It is not only one of the most versatile products in the FLOOR family, but also one that guarantees good performance at the right cost.
- The format and composition also allow it to be used as an underfloor soundproofing solution, therefore as a floor soundproofing solution
- Horizontal partitions with the possibility of working from above in the case of screed installation on the floor
With SILENT FLOOR PE, impact noise is dampened, so the floor soundproofing is also improved by combining it with other products from the SILENT FLOOR line
Made of closed-cell crosslinked polyethylene, the foil for soundproofing SILENT FLOOR SOFT cannot be irreversibly crushed and remains effective even if trimmed or cut after installation.
The crosslinked polyethylene foam is extremely stable and durable and does not suffer from issues associated with chemical actions or incompatibility of materials.
It does not contain substances harmful for people and the environment.
|Field of use||Underscreed and under floor|
|Material||Closed cell expanded polyethylene|
|Roll dimensions||5,0 mm x 1,55 m x 50 m|
|Dynamic stiffness s’||<45 MN/m4|
|ΔLw *||24,9 dB|
|Technical data sheets|
SILENT FLOOR PE
Supply and installation of resilient underscreed foil made of closed cell PE, type SILENT FLOOR SOFT
- Closed cell expanded polyethylene foil. Does not contain harmful substances
- Dynamic stiffness s’ [MN/m³] : > 45
- Crushing [mm] : 0,05
- Theoretical estimate of the degree of impact sound attenuation ∆L [dB] : 24,9
- System resonance frequency f0 [Hz] : 96
- Compression deformation stress [kPa] : 13
- Thickness [mm] : 5
Suitable for timber-to-timber installation to create a physical and mechanical separation between the two elements, thus avoiding the transmission of vibrations caused by impact sound. To increase the vibration absorption capacity, it is advisable to install the profile both below and above the timber floor. Install the profile on the upper section of the wall and fix it mechanically with staples every 40/60 cm. Then install the horizontal panel of the floor and repeat the operation.